The second Zetland Hall was built in 1865, and was destroyed by bomb action during the Pacific War of 1941-1945.
Plans for a new building were drawn up by the Masonic internees whilst at Stanley.
In 1946, the site of this hall in Zetland Street was sold to the Hong Kong Electric Company for $900,000.
The current site at 1 Kennedy Road, previously the St George Hotel, was then purchased and the foundation stone of the new Zetland Hall was laid on 2 April 1949.
||Laying of the foundation stone on 2 April 1949
||Masonic procession on same day